Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Ode to Teresa

Here's to Teresa, our unofficial member,
If y'all are going out tonight I hope you will remember:
Always tip your waitresses, no matter what Nick said,
And you will always be welcome even if you've over paid.

Teresa, unlike Judith, is nice with shorter hair,
And friendlier than "Radio" or "Radar" if you care.
She doesn't look like "dickey-doo", and surely not "Hogzilla",
But she pours the Smithwicks nice and tall, and makes good amorilla.

So if you go imbibe tonight, tell "Trish" that I say, "Hey"
I have to see my girls tonight since I am going away
To KC for a conference with people that I hate.
I can't tell dirty jokes to whomever brings my plate.

3 Comments:

Blogger JCrabill said...

Wow...

So did you have a lot of time on your hands for that one or have you been inspired by the bard to become a roving poet?

That's pretty good. By the way, I shopuld probably know this, but when do you leave for KC (or have you left already)?

-jac

6:34 PM  
Blogger The Naked Redhead said...

I will be thinking of lots of funny things to say to you while you're away!!

2:16 PM  
Blogger J. Randall Hicks said...

Hey Crabill and friends,

I have been in KC since last Thursday, but I'll be home Tuesday morning afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

The poem was practice for the Poetry Slam competition I am entering tonight at the conference ... wish me luck!

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home