Thursday, March 23, 2006

Scenes From Kansas City

Hello to the Sodalitas Macula!

I had a pretty good trip to KC ... a very cool place. Not at first glance, however, but spend a little time there and start to appreciate what they have to offer. It is perhaps the friendliest city I've EVER been to. They have (and this comes hard for tar-heel) the best barbecue I've EVER eaten. I visited the Jazz Museum and the Negro League Baseball Museum and met "Buck" O'Neil ... a 94 year old ex-ball player who is sharp as a tack and tells great stories about playing with Jackie Robinson, "Satchel" Paige, Babe Ruth, and others.

I took a tour of the newly restored Folly Theatre, famous burlesque house where "Gypsy" Rose Lee got her start.

Next door was this amazing sculpture and animation:

http://www.michaelrees.com/Putto2x2x4/Putto2x2x4.html

I am glad to be home, though ... I missed the girls and you guys and Much Ado (which opens next weekend!

Log!

The Commodore

1 Comments:

Blogger JCrabill said...

Welcome home... Call me!

log-
jac

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home